Meeting Room and Conference Amenities at Morgridge Commons
The space is equipped with state-of-the-art technology to accommodate conferences, presentations, distance learning, training, and public and private meetings.
- Wireless internet access is available in all meeting rooms.
- Wireless Internet supports 802.11a/g/n/ac standards.
- Wired internet is available upon request.
- The four large meeting rooms all offer large projection monitors, microphones and conference phones (upon request).
- Monitor displays are available in:
- Garfield 1 Room - dual 120” projection
- Garfield 2 & 3 rooms - dual 80” HD monitors
- Delaplane Board Room - 90” and 80” HD monitors
- The AV system will accept input from 3.5mm audio, VGA, HDMI (with audio), or any source capable of adapting to HDMI (such as DisplayPort).
- HD-SDI inputs are available for large events with professional video mixing or image magnification needs.
- Groups must provide their own laptops in order to connect to the AV systems.
VIDEO CONFERENCING SYSTEM
The Delaplane Board Room and Garfield 2 offer video conferencing capabilities compatible with Webex, Zoom, and others using standards-based SIP.
These video systems can be used to connect to entities
- within the Colorado Mountain College campus system or
- compatible systems and services outside of the Colorado Mountain College system
You will need to check your subscription service level with Webex, Zoom, ect to ensure compatibility with Morgridge Commons video systems. A standard SIP address looks something like this: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Morgridge Commons is handicap accessible through the Cooper Street-level front door to the elevator and to Morgridge Commons on the 2nd floor. Restrooms are ADA compliant.
Tables and chairs can be arranged in a variety of layouts to accommodate group needs. Tables measure 2 feet by 6 feet and seat 2-3 guests.
Available in meeting rooms upon request
A small copier is available in the Morgridge Commons administrative office for limited use by groups renting the meeting space. Groups are advised to arrange copying and any other meeting material in advance.
Morgridge Commons offers a warming kitchen for groups serving food, beverages or catered meals during meetings. The kitchen includes a refrigerator/freezer, warming oven, microwave, ice machine, dishwasher and limited dishware. A kitchen use fee does apply.
- Coffee makers – large 30-cup and small 12-cup makers available. Groups will need to provide coffee and condiments for attendees.
- Tea – a small pot for heating water is available for tea drinkers. Groups will need to provide tea for your attendees.
- Water - Morgridge Common's focus is on environmental sustainability. We ask that groups avoid using plastic water bottles and use water filling stations and pitchers available in the facility.
- Ice –an ice machine is available for group use.
- Plates, coffee cups and utensils are available in a limited quantity for smaller groups.
You may use one of Morgridge Commons’ pre-approved caterers or provide your own food and beverages.
Morgridge Commons maintains a list of caterers which have been pre-approved through Colorado Mountain College's insurance and contract process for streamlining food and beverage service in the meeting space.
Groups are encouraged to contact one of these vendors to arrange catering needs directly. Caterers are familiar with the kitchen facility and set-up procedures at Morgridge Commons and will serve you well.
Ask us for the Preferred Catering List. Go to Contact Us.
Serving alcohol may be approved for a Morgridge Commons event after the user completes applications with
- CMC Risk Management for approval
- City of Glenwood Springs for a special event liquor license
Direct selling of alcohol is not permitted at Morgridge Commons events. However, charging admission to an event and providing drink tickets for guests may be permissible.
- TIPS-certified bartenders are required when serving alcohol in Morgridge Commons.
Groups interested in serving alcohol at their event will work directly with CMC’s Risk Management department and will be responsible for obtaining the appropriate liquor license from the City of Glenwood Springs.