Morgridge Commons Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Morgridge Commons located?
Morgridge Commons is located at; 815 Cooper Avenue, 2nd Floor, Glenwood Springs, CO 81601.
Please enter at the main door on Cooper Avenue, then take the stairs or elevator to your left and go to the 2nd floor to Morgridge Commons.
How do I access Morgridge Commons when the main doors to the library are not open? Morgridge Commons uses a keypad entry system when the Glenwood Springs Branch Library is not open. The Glenwood Springs library is open at 11:00 a.m Monday – Saturday. Your group contact/leader will be provided with a code to open the single door (on the left) at the Cooper Avenue entrance (the main library entrance). The group contact person will determine the distribution list for the code. Codes will expire each day. IT IS AGAINST MORGRIDGE COMMONS POLICY TO PROP OPEN A DOOR, SO PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR MEETING ATTENDEES OF THIS IMPORTANT SECURITY MEASURE.
NOTE: Please do not enter Morgridge Commons via the front desk of the Glenwood Springs Branch Library, the Glenwood Springs Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center, or Colorado Mountain College’s main entrance off of Grand Avenue.
Where do I park when attending an event at Morgridge Commons?
We recommend parking in the free two-story city lot on the corner of Cooper Avenue and 9th Street. There is also free public parking directly across from the Glenwood Springs library on Cooper, between the Methodist Church and the Glenwood Springs Fire Station. Street parking in the downtown core is two-hour parking, while parking just one block father away offers 24 hour parking. Evenings (after 5:00 p.m.) and weekend parking is available in the Colorado Mountain College parking garage below Morgridge Commons.View the Downtown Glenwood Springs Parking Map
Is Morgridge Commons handicap accessible?
Morgridge Commons is handicap accessible through the Cooper Street level front doors to the elevator and directly into Morgridge Commons. Handicap accessible restrooms are available in Morgridge Commons.
How many rooms are available in Morgridge Commons and what is the seating capacity?
Morgridge Commons offers four large, flexible meeting spaces which be used individually or opened up to create one very large space. These are ideal for conferences or meetings that require a large space for keynote speakers as well as smaller rooms for breakout sessions.
Rolling tables and chairs can be arranged in a variety of layouts to accommodate group needs. Tables measure 2 feet x 6 feet and will accommodate 2-3 guests.
Additionally, three small conference rooms hold 8–14 people, depending on the room. These conference rooms do not offer built-in technology; however, they provide private meeting space with whiteboards and space for a computer and portable projector if desired.
See Rooms for capacities.
What technology is offered at Morgridge Commons?
- Wireless internet access is available in all meeting rooms. Wireless internet supports 802.11a/g/n/ac standards.
- Wired internet is available upon request.
- The four large meeting rooms all offer large projection monitors, microphones and conference phones (upon request). Monitor displays are dual 120” projection in Garfield Room 1, dual 80” HD monitors in Garfield Room 2 and 3, and 90” and 80” HD monitors in the Delaplane Board Room.
- The AV system will accept input from 3.5mm audio, VGA, HDMI (with audio), or any source capable of adapting to HDMI (such as DisplayPort).
- HD-SDI inputs are available for large events with professional video mixing or image magnification needs.
- Groups must provide their own laptops in order to connect to the AV systems.
- The Delaplane Board Room also has wireless presentation capabilities from devices running Windows or Mac.
- The Delaplane Board Room and Garfield 2 offer video conferencing capabilities compatible with Webex, Zoom, and others using standards-based SIP.
These video systems can be used to connect to entities
- within the Colorado Mountain College campus system or
- compatible systems and services outside of the Colorado Mountain College system
You will need to check your subscription service level with Webex, Zoom, ect. to ensure compatibility with Morgridge Commons video systems. They do require a subscription in order to work with our systems . A standard SIP address looks something like this: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- What are the room rates at CMC’s Morgridge Commons?
Please see Room Rates.
Does Morgridge Commons have a kitchen?
Morgridge Commons offers a catering kitchen for your group’s use. You may use one of the college’s preferred caterers or provide your own food and beverages. The kitchen includes a refrigerator/freezer, warming oven, microwave, ice machine, dishwasher and limited dishware. A kitchen use fee does apply.
Does Morgridge Commons offer catering?
Vendors have been approved through Colorado Mountain College’s insurance and contracts process. They are familiar with the setup at Morgridge Commons and will serve you well. Groups are encouraged to contact vendors directly to arrange catering needs.
Please ask us for a list of Preferred Caterers.
What other amenities does Morgridge Commons offer?
- Coffee makers – Large 30 cup and small 12 cup markers are available. Groups will need to provide coffee and condiments for your attendees.
- Tea – A small pot for heating water is available for tea drinkers. Groups will need to provide tea for your attendees.
- Water – CMC’s focus is on environmental sustainability and we ask that you avoid plastic water bottles, as we provide water filling stations and pitchers in our facility.
- Ice – An ice machine is available for group use.
- Plates, coffee cups and utensils – Available in a limited quantity for smaller groups.
- Computer adaptor cords for various models of computers are available for connecting to the Morgridge Commons projector system. However, to be sure your presentation will work please bring the necessary AV adaptors for your specific equipment.
- Easels – Available in meeting rooms upon request. Groups will provide their own paper.
- Podiums – Available in all meeting rooms.
- Copier – The Morgridge Commons office has a small copier which is available for very limited use by groups renting space.
The CMC ArtShare Gallery is located within Morgridge Commons. Groups are free to enjoy the current exhibit while on breaks during the day.
Is alcohol allowed in Morgridge Commons?
Use of alcohol may be approved for a Morgridge Commons event after completing both an internal CMC approval process and obtaining an alcohol permit through the City of Glenwood Springs.
- Direct selling of alcohol is not allowed at Morgridge Commons events; however, selling tickets to an event and providing drink tickets may be permissible.
- TIPS – certified bartenders are required when serving alcohol in Morgridge Commons.
- Groups interested in serving alcohol at their event will work with CMC’s Risk Management Department and will be responsible for obtaining the appropriate liquor permit through the City of Glenwood Springs.