Kitchen at Morgridge Commons

Morgridge Commons offers a warming kitchen for groups serving food, beverages or catered meals during meetings. The kitchen includes a refrigerator/freezer, warming oven, microwave, ice machine, dishwasher and limited dishware. A kitchen use fee does apply.

  • Coffee makers – large 30-cup and small 12-cup makers available. Groups will need to provide coffee and condiments for attendees.
  • Tea – a small pot for heating water is available for tea drinkers. Groups will need to provide tea for your attendees.
  • Water - Morgridge Common's focus is on environmental sustainability.  We ask that groups avoid using plastic water bottles and use water filling stations and pitchers available in the facility.
  • Ice – an ice machine is available for group use.
  • Plates, coffee cups and utensils are available in a limited quantity for smaller groups.
photo: kitchen area at the CMC Morgridge Commons


You may use one of Morgridge Commons’ pre-approved caterers or provide your own food and beverages.

Morgridge Commons maintains a list of caterers which have been pre-approved through Colorado Mountain College's  insurance and contract process for streamlining food and beverage service in the meeting space.

Groups are encouraged to contact one of these vendors to arrange catering needs directly. Caterers are familiar with the kitchen facility and set-up procedures at Morgridge Commons and will serve you well.

See our Preferred Caterer List


Serving alcohol may be approved for a Morgridge Commons event after the user completes applications with

  • CMC Risk Management for approval
  • City of Glenwood Springs for a special event liquor license

Direct selling of alcohol is not permitted at Morgridge Commons events.  However, charging admission to an event and providing drink tickets for guests may be permissible.

  • TIPS-certified bartenders are required when serving alcohol in Morgridge Commons.

Groups interested in serving alcohol at their event will work directly with CMC’s Risk Management department and will be responsible for obtaining the appropriate liquor license from the City of Glenwood Springs, if applicable.